- This event has passed.
Zoom Chat: Dyslexia Legislation, an overview and update on the package of bills related to literacy education in Michigan
October 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Please join MiPAAC and our panel of experts for a lunchtime Zoom Chat on Wednesday, October 27 at Noon!
We will provide an overview of the current package of bills referred to as the ‘Michigan Dyslexia legislation’ and explain how the legislative process works.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions as well.
- Susan Schmidt: Teacher – Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia K-Adult; Former Chief of Staff, Michigan House of Representatives; lead on dyslexia legislation drafting taskforce
- Dr. David Winters: Professor, EMU; Fellow/ Orton-Gillingham Academy; Structured Literacy Dyslexia Specialist/Center for Effective Reading Instruction (CERI), assisted with drafting the legislation
- Stephen Keskes: Asst. Superintendent, Okemos Schools; Former Asst. Superintendent, Clio Schools (led OG training in district)
- Dr. Nikolai Vitti: Superintendent, Detroit Public Schools Community District
- Anri Haglund: 7th grade student
- Heather Eckner: (Facilitator) Statewide Director of Education & Outreach for the Autism Alliance of Michigan